The Dominican Convent, following a tradition that dates back to St Dominic, who desired the salvation of all people, is committed to the education and development of the whole person, spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, physically, morally and socially.
In striving to achieve these goals, the Convent encourages:
- Respect for each person and respect for life.
- The development of a positive relationship to self, God and neighbour, as well as to society and the environment.
- The proclamation of the Word of God as liberating Good News.
- The pursuit of truth in all disciplines, the formation of conscience and the acquisition of self-discipline for the sake of personal growth and good community relationships.
- Preparation for life in all its profoundest meaning and transformation beyond death to eternal life.